At first I thought that I would never understand this story, I had read and re-read it and still couldn't understand the concept. Then I focused on the last sentence of the story and everything began to make a little sense. "I quote back to my father now words he has written but never wrote". I realized that the author was trying to say that he learned the same things his father did, almost reliving the exact experience is father had before him.
The author mentions his daughter towards the end of the story, maybe she takes his place in his fathers story (hope that makes sense). It sounds likes she pretty old seeing how shes married, and he wants to leave the same lessons to her.
The crumbling resort being a metaphor for the fathers body is one of my favorite parts (I hope that doesn't sound bad). How he neglected all his relationships and loved ones in the pursuit to become healthy again. I wonder if his family is why he wanted to become healthy again in the first place? If it was, how would he react if he got healthy but his loved ones were no longer there? I guess that really doesn't matter anyway seeing how that didn't happen in the story, but I think of things like that from time to time. People try to hard to make other people happy they end up hurting them in the long run.
No comments:
Post a Comment